Research and Education Team Lead
Hybrid online and in-person
UvA Green Office
Type of Job
About the job
The UvA Green Office is looking for a new Research and Education (R&E) lead. The R&E team works on interdisciplinary collaboration, providing accessible educational material, and develops sustainability-related research projects.
The R&E lead will work on the following projects:
- Managing and developing the Knowledge Hub, a tool to facilitate collaboration in sustainability projects at the UvA.
- Overseeing individual research projects.
- Collaborating with departments to introduce new sustainability components and Living Labs across the university.
- Producing the Green Talks series.
- Producing the Green Office podcast series.
- Curating accessible resource lists about sustainability for students at the UvA.
- Creating course inventories to guide students in their course choices
- Collaborating with ongoing projects such as the floating gardens at Roeterseiland campus.
- Lobbying for sustainable development and giving policy recommendations to UvA, collaborating with student councils and organizations
We’re looking for someone who is committed to facilitating collaboration in sustainability projects across the UvA and maintaining a high academic standard within the Green Office.
Great English skills. Any level of Dutch is an added bonus.
Strong communication skills, as you will be working in close collaboration with students and staff from across the University.
Leadership skills. You will lead a team of approximately 20 people and must be able to organise and support the R&E team throughout the year.
Sharp analytical skills. You will have to understand the structure of the University and assess what the most effective leverage points are to enact sustainable change.
Organised. You will plan and execute the years R&E budget and strategy, and so need strong organisation and time management skills.
Fun! Whilst we work on some serious issues, we have a good time doing it. The UvA Green Office is a centralised space for anyone at the UvA interested in sustainability, and so it is also your responsibility to ensure that members of the UvA community feel welcomed and that the Green Office is accessible for all.
You must be prepared to dedicate 10-15 hours a week to the Green Office including a weekly core team meeting, bi-weekly meetings with your own team, and self-directed work.
You must commit to at least one full academic year in this role.
Around €300 monthly compensation
Use of the Singel and J/K building Green Office space for work and study
UvA Bestuurstaaf privileges (employee card, coffee, etc.)
The UvA Green Office is a student-run platform striving to make the University of Amsterdam a greener place. Our office consists of four different teams. Each team, which consists of one team leader and 5-10 voluntary members, has its own focus and addresses a different aspect of sustainability within the University of Amsterdam. One general manager oversees the four teams and constitutes the link to the central UvA staff and partners. At the moment, the Green Office consists of 50 members.
Singel 425, 1012 WP Amsterdam, Netherlands